Highlights of Team Exergy's unofficial team camp in Portland this weekend as follows:
1) Finishing a large portion of my work project for Contech Construction
, which means that Training Camp could start!
2) A long and awesome training ride in the rain with Sam Johnson (Whitman Alumni '07 & Exergy Teammate) on Saturday. That was a lot of lactate and tempo! Haven't felt that good in months! An appearance of "The Blue Tights" made the camp complete!
3) Teddy Bear toss hockey game between the Portland Winterhawks and the Prince George Cougars. After the first Winterhawk goal 12,500 "to be donated" teddy bears were thrown on the ice causing a 20 minute delay halfway through the first period. The Winterhawks came out thumping in the third and took the game 7-4.
4) Sunday Team Ride to the castle at the top of Rock Bluff. Apparently I was supposed to look suave. Guess I missed the memo.
5) Of course no team camp is complete without doing something weird. We didn't make a human pyramid like some of those teams that race the Tour, we did learn how to use kettle bells in our boxers. Oh well. We tried.
6) Monday morning we were treated to Bison Pastry!
7) Then Zac and I went for a laundry ride on the Waterfront. Rocking out in our Whitman Kits!
8) Today I got to do a second fitness test at Portland Pace with Sean Coster. It was a great test, things are progressing well and I am happy with where I am at right now! Thanks Sean!
9) Extra Bonus, I have been lifting in the gym twice a week at Portland Pace so I WASN'T riding my bike around Portland when the Tornado touched down!!! Apparently there has been quite a few in the last fifty years...so all you 2012 Apocalypse people can stick a sock in it.