Over the past few days I've returned to vacation mode after cancelling my plans to travel to Los Angeles to train at the velodrome and have found a very insightful blog discussing sleep research.
Two entries I found particularly interesting were the studies that discussed:
- Slept less than when sober
- Woke up more frequent throughout the night
- Felt more tired in the morning, and sleepier at the end of the next day
- Received most of their sleep during the first half of the night
- Less REM sleep
- Women's clock as faster than men's (on average 6 minutes, but accumulates throughout the day)
- Women's clocks complete in under 24 hours
- Explaining women's greater preference for morning exercise compared to men
- Women sleep deeper (more time in REM) but over lifespan more susceptible to sleep disorders.
Sometimes the best way to get your next project done....is to sleep on it!
Labels: Toque Coaching