My diet has changed dramatically this year. Working with my coach David Youngblood of Generic Nutrition, we have introduced a variety of changes that have reduced my asthma symptoms and improved general health. How's getting a cold and then getting over it in all in 24 hours for a test! January 10th was that day!
Although I cannot share all of David's knowledge with you, here is a list of my three new favourite foods and why, along with those that I miss the most. For those of you interested in learning more about Generic Nutrition, information will become available in time at this source.
1) Quinoa: It's gluten free, goes well with almost anything and comes in a variety of colors
2) Beets: They help clean the blood of toxins, which helps my asthma. Plus they make the bathroom way more fun!
3) Nuts: For years I've been allergic to nuts. By cutting out other common allergens, like gluten, dairy, soy, & corn, I have had no reactions to this powerful plant-based protein source.
1) Ketchup: Used to love it. Now avoid it like the plague...too much sugar
2) Restaurant Bread: No gluten for me, thankfully with knowledge comes power.
3) Ice Cream: I love ice cream. I can't wait for October. By then I'll be able to wallow my lactose-intolerant ass slowly around the house all day.
Plus..I visited Josh at the team house in Ventura where he was building bikes! BAM! 3 Days, 2 Sleeps and 1 Training Day left till BLAST OFF 2012! Stay tuned.
* I'm still living on the boat! Thanks to Team Exergy manager Scott Cross and his wonderful wife Deb for hosting me this week. I've had a blast! Maybe I should think about buying a boat?